These salmon burgers are grilled using cedar planks. You can find these planks at many grocery stores where the grilling items are. You can also buy them from a local hardware store. They impart a special flavor to the salmon, and also make it so much easier to grill, so give this a shot next time you’re grilling!
Try serving these on lettuce leaves, or grill some mushroom buns to make burgers. Throw on some extra patties to take to work too! I think these are especially great with some mayo and a squeeze of lemon.
Yields 4 servings of Grilled Cedar Plank Salmon Burgers
- 1 ½ pounds wild-caught salmon fillets
- 1 ½ tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 ½ tablespoons mustard
- ½ small red onion, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Fresh lemon juice, to taste
1. Soak the cedar planks in water for at least 2 hours before you plan on cooking. You will need enough planks to cook all your salmon patties. Preheat your grill and set it up for indirect heat, at about 350-375F.
2. Remove the skin and any pin bones from the salmon. Cut the salmon into smaller pieces then add it to a food processor. Add the mayo, mustard, dill, salt, pepper, and garlic. Pulse until the salmon turns into a smooth paste. Scrape the salmon paste out of the food processor and transfer it to a mixing bowl. Mix in the onion and celery.
3. Add the planks to the grill to allow them to preheat. Form the salmon mixture into equally sized patties.
4. Place two on each plank then grill for about 25-30 minutes or until the salmon is fully cooked through. Remove the planks from the heat then squeeze a touch of lemon juice over the top. Serve with your favorite toppings.
This makes a total of 4 servings of Grilled Cedar Plank Salmon Burgers. Each serving comes out to be 360.25 Calories, 16.76g Fats, 1.7g Net Carbs, and 47.08g Protein.
|Grilled Cedar Plank Salmon Burgers||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|1 ½ pounds wild-caught salmon fillets||1251.3||51||0||0||0||186|
|1 ½ tablespoons mayonnaise||141||15||0.1||0||0.1||0.2|
|1 ½ tablespoons mustard||14||0.8||1.3||0.9||0.4||0.8|
|½ small red onion, diced||13||0.1||3||0.4||1.6||0.4|
|1 stalk celery, diced||6.8||0.1||1.5||0.6||0.9||0.3|
|2 tablespoons fresh dill||0.2||0||0||0||0||0|
|2 cloves garlic, minced||8.9||0||2||0.1||1.9||0.4|
|1 teaspoon black pepper||5.8||0.1||1.5||0.6||1.9||0.2|